Adding a deck is an excellent way to add some extra space to your home. If you have thought of decking then it is an excellent decision that you have made.
However, before you begin with Decking In Sutherland Shire there are a couple of things that you should know first hand. Like which timber to select for your deck. It is very important to understand the use of the perfect timber that will complement your house.
Before looking into the types of timber, there are a couple of other things that need to be considered.
Q1. Where will you build your deck?
- It is first crucial to decide where you will be decking in your home in Sutherland Shire
- You have to be sure to choose a material that matches a particular climate condition
- For example: If your deck receives too much sun, there are chances that the colour of your deck starts fading away
Q2. What is your budget?
Decking materials in Sutherland Shire vary in cost. You can find a pine that costs low or a hardwood that is priced high.
Q3. How much can you maintain?
Your deck will need regular maintenance irrespective of the timber you choose to use. However, some timbers need more cleaning than often. So, you have to think of this before deciding anything.
After you have an answer to the above questions, you can now think of which timber to buy for your decking in Sutherland Shire.
- Hardwoods are widely preferred among homeowners in Sutherland Shire
- They are very durable and smell very good
- With being resilient they are aesthetically appealing
- They are widely used for decking across the country
- They are very stylish
- They will last for long if you regularly clean them
- Hardwoods are very dense
- Hence, it can take too much time to nail them
- However, with patience, one will be able to witness the most beautiful decking
- If you do not regularly clean the deck, your hardwood is subjected to rust with weather
- You should use timber oil every year to keep it as new as the time you bought
2) Treated Pine:
- Treated pine is one of the most commonly used timbers in Sutherland Shire
- It is because it is very versatile and affordable
- This type of decking can withstand fungi and decay
- You can colour this type of timber as per your wish
- This timber does not look as rich as hardwood
- But colouring can make it look good
- Treated pine is very lightweight
- It can be installed very easily
- You can also DIY
- It must be oiled every year for making it look brand new
By using any of the above timbers, you can be sure of experiencing an amazing decking experience.
You can also go furniture shopping to get units matching your decking.
Now that you know the timbers that you choose for decking, call a professional who can help you install it stress-free. You can also DIY if you wish to.