Hot water is an essential household item in Australia. You can’t stay without hot water in winter. Hence, you need to install devices that produce hot water whenever you need it. Usually, experts, with years of experience, do hot water installations. The installation process depends on the type of system one is adopting and depends mainly on the space where it will be installed.
Time and Cost
Usually, all the installations take two to three days of standard time, but the work is generally completed within one or two days on an average. Due to some external factors, it can be delayed, and it also depends on the expertise of the people who are executing the same.
A solar system is a bit expensive whereas electricity is cheapest. Even one can check the gas as well as the heat pump option as pricing depends on different parameters.
Available Options for Hot Water Installations
There are various types of hot water installations available in the market. Before going for the same, first, you have to decide on the heating method. It can run by electricity, gas, solar power or by using a heat pump. You can decide on the heating method based on specific features.
- Electric hot water installations systems are most popular in households due to the low cost of implementation. One can buy and install easily, but in the long run, it becomes a bit expensive too. It is easy to do the installation also as it hardly takes two to three hours to complete the setup.
- The electric hot water system can be installed either indoor or even in outdoor locations. The electric bill will reflect the units consumed and the amount to be paid that goes typically in the higher range.
- If you have a connection with natural gas, then it is the best option to run a hot water system. It is not only cheaper than electricity, but its expenditure also remains more or less fixed. One can have an instant heating option also if needed
- The idea is to go with the energy-efficient star ratings and apart from natural gas one can use LPG also with a relatively higher cost.
- Solar is the latest trend due to several advantages. A solar panel and storage tank is enough for hot water installations. It’s a bit expensive to install and takes more time to be ready, but the low running cost will compensate all the expenses incurred to date.
- Placing the solar panels in a strategic location with bright sunlight is the job of the experts, and the performance of the heater might affect due to wrong placement.
4. Heat Pump
- A heat pump is an efficient option for hot water installations. It should be installed in a well-ventilated area and preferably outdoor.
- The compressor creates a bit of noise similar to the air conditioner outdoor unit, so a proper gap must be maintained from the nearest object.
If hot water installation is your priority, then you should keep the following things well in consideration:
- Install any of the services that are best as per the situation
- Ask for such a vendor who is experienced in the same field
- Warranty/Guaranty need to be obtained from the vendor
- They should have a robust after-sales service network for any troubleshooting
One has to install the most efficient and appropriate water heating solution based on the number of occupants, household size and local climate. If these things are taken into consideration, then the investment will be a good one and hot water installations can be a success.