What Type Of Cardio Exercises Are Beneficial For Weight Loss?
- April 20, 2023
Cardio exercise is common practice among people who wish to lose weight. Cardio exercises are a form of physical exercise that can range from high to low intensity and it completely depends predominantly on the aerobic-generating energy procedure. One can practice cardio exercises with equipment like exercise bikes, walking, and treadmill running.
How Do Cardio Exercises Work?
It utilizes the large muscles of your body in motion over a sustained period. Maintaining your heart rate at fifty per cent of your body’s ability. Some of its benefits are:
- Minimizes the chances of getting asthma
- Improves the cardiovascular system of a body
- Enhances sleep quality
- Aids weight loss
There are many more benefits that cardio exercises provide a body with if practised consistently and accurately.
Different Types Of Cardio Exercises
Swimming is a viable option if someone wants to lose fat effectively
Strokes like butterfly or freestyle swimming can make you burn up to 300 to 450 calories. It engages almost all the body’s major muscles, making it a time-saving exercise as you don’t need to do various legs or chest or any other body part-specific workout. Swimming increases the metabolism of the body rapidly and fastens the process of weight loss. It keeps your heart rate at the right pace, reduces stress levels, and builds agility, stamina, and muscle mass.
2. Exercise Bikes
Many fitness equipment companies sell stationary exercise bikes that you can keep at home or find in any good gym. Working out on an Exercise bike is a productive and effective way of burning calories and hence losing weight. You can burn up to 260 calories in half an hour by riding exercise bikes.
Some of the notable benefits of using exercise bikes are:
- It minimizes the risk of diabetes.
- Upgrades the functioning of the brain
- You won’t get bored of it as it has a low impact on your body but helps burn many calories in a short while.
- An exercise bike is an excellent form of cardio as it helps in a heart-pumping and enhances your cardiovascular health
Running is one of the most simple and powerful forms of cardio. Every time you run for a mile, you burn from 80 to 140 calories approximately.
There are numerous advantages of running, here mentioning some of the benefits you get from running below:
- It helps in improving your knee condition; it reduces the risk of arthritis.
- Reduces the risk of persistent diseases like high blood pressure, which can be a reason for deadly heart diseases.
- Running is also great for your mental health, as it enhances your mood and makes you feel re-energized.
Cardio exercises play a significant role in weight loss, increasing your heart health, and list goes on. Whether you swim, ride exercise bikes, or even go for a run but make sure that you incorporate at least one form of cardio exercise in your daily routine for a healthy and long life.